ALL APPLICANTS FOR SECOND VALID PASSPORTS must include the following documents in your package:
- Your current primary (10 year) US passport book.
Submit the original, not a copy. Your primary passport must be valid and signed.
- Your expired or expiring second valid (limited validity) passport, if applicable.
If you previously have been issued a second valid (limited validity) passport, you must include this passport book for submission to US Department of State. If you have been issued a second valid passport on more than one occasion, include the second valid passport issued most recently.
- US Passport Form DS-82.
The application must be created online at http://pptform.state.gov then printed and signed with a pen-to-paper signature in black ink. The signature must match the signature in your current passport.
- One NEW passport-style color photograph.
- The photo must be on high-quality photo paper with a white background, taken within the last six months.
- Must be 2″x2″ with face measuring 1″ to 1 3/8″ from top of head to chin.
- Photos must be clearly different from photos in any previously issued passports.
- You must have a neutral expression with closed lips. Your eyes must be open.
- No glasses, uniforms, or hats are allowed, except for religious headgear. You must include a signed letter explaining that the item is worn daily for religious reasons.
- Second Valid Letter of Request,
Signed by the applicant with an original pen-to-paper signature. A sample is attached. The Letter of Request must describe specific trips that demonstrate one of two reasons for a second valid passport:
- Trips arriving and departing in close proximity, making it difficult to acquire the visas needed for the second trip.
- Primary passport contains Israel markings and future travel includes visits to Middle East countries that may deny entry, or future travel includes visits to Israel and then visits to Middle Eastern countries that may deny entry.
- Second Valid Letter of Request from Employer.
This letter will contain the same information as the letter from the applicant, but must bear an original pen-to-paper signature of a company representative other than the applicant. A sample is attached.
- Proof of known or anticipated travel plans.
- Copy of airline reservations showing applicant’s name and all trips described in the second valid letter of request, or
- Copy of crewmember trip sheet showing all trips described in the second valid letter of request.
- Government Fees. Submit a check or money order for $170.00 payable to “US Department of State.”
- Letter of Authorization, emailed separately to you after consulting a travel specialist. The Letter of Authorization (LOA) allows us to represent you to all agencies involved in issuing your passport. The signature on the LOA must be an original pen-to-paper signature in blue or black ink, and must match the signature on your current passport and your application form. No faxes, scans or copies will be accepted.
There is No Substitute for Experience.
- All passport requests are processed by knowledgeable, experienced associates.
- All calls are answered by a well-informed associate.
- All Personally Identifiable Information is protected with safeguards that exceed State Department standards.
- All requests receive email confirmation acknowledging receipt.
- All application documents are thoroughly reviewed when they arrive in our processing center.
- All requests receive email confirmation of the completion and FedEx tracking information.
- All passports are returned via the FedEx service of your choice.