Collection of Information
In order to process your order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number and telephone number. It is our policy that this information is private and confidential. When you submit an order, your information is encrypted with secure server software to protect the information from unauthorized access. We do not sell, rent or trade any personal information we collect from you on our website. We do not require site visitors to register or provide any personal information in order to view this site.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular malware scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, or enters, submits, or accesses their information, so as to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. Should a data breach occur we will notify the users via email within 1 business day.
Cookies and Computer Tracking of Identifiable Information
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII. The term outside parties does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We use an outside shipping company to fulfill orders, and a credit card processing company to bill you for services. We also employ the services of a third party agent in hosting our chat feature. These companies have advised us that they do not retain, share, store or use PII for any other purposes.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Third party links
We also use the services of third parties such as The Department of State and consulates of various countries to provide passport and visa services offered on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Social Media Widgets:
919 18th Street NW
Washington, DC 20006
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Identifiers. Such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). Such as name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Such as age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information. Such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity. Such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data. Such as physical location or movements.
- Professional or employment-related information. Such as current or past job history or performance evaluations.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. Such as profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories
- Protected classification characteristics
- Commercial information
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Access Specific Information and Data Portability Right
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, the business purpose for which personal information was disclosed, and the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at (866) 238-9794
- Sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions via email please use the downloadable Verifiable Consumer Request Form.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make such a request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response electronically. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why We made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
|ATTN: Data Protection Officer|
|919 18th Street NW|
|Washington, DC 20006|