Time for a passport renewal? It’s quick and easy to renew your passport with G3. Read on for our complete guide to passport renewals.
Are You Eligible for a Passport Renewal?
The first thing to do is to make sure that your passport can be renewed. All of the followings must be true!
1. Your current passport must have been issued after you turned 16.
If you were under 16 when your last passport was issued, you’ll need to use the New Adult Passport procedure to get a new passport… unless you are still under 16, in which case you’ll need a Minor Passport.
2. Your passport must have been issued no more than 15 years ago.
If it’s been more than five years since your passport expired, you are required to use the New Adult Passport service to get a new passport.
3. Your passport must have been issued for 10 years validity.
If you were issued a limited-validity passport, such as an emergency replacement for a passport lost overseas, please contact G3 for special assistance to get a new passport.
4. Your passport must be in good condition.
If your passport has a loose or missing cover, tears or cuts on the cover or any page, or other severe damage, you’ll need to do a Mutilated Passport Replacement instead of a Passport Renewal.
5. Your passport must be in your possession.
You’ll need to submit your current passport book in order to renew it. If you can’t find your passport, you can get a new passport through the Lost Passport Replacement process.
How to Renew Your Passport with G3
With G3, your passport renewal is swift and simple!
- Place your order online, selecting the processing speed you’ll need.
- We’ll email you a detailed checklist of all the documents you’ll need to send in, including a link to fill out your passport application.
- You’ll be directed to call G3 to go over the checklist with a passport associate. Your passport associate will answer all your questions and will email you a FedEx airbill to use to send in your renewal request.
- Send all your passport renewal documents to G3 using the provided FedEx airbill. You can drop off your FedEx package at any FedEx office or FedEx box.
- We’ll hand-carry your passport renewal request into the Passport Agency for expedited processing.
- Your new passport will be sent back to you via FedEx! You’ll get an email when your passport is complete to let you know it is on the way. This email will contain the FedEx tracking number for your package.
What Documents Do You Need for Your Passport Renewal?
Here’s the good news — you don’t need to supply as many documents for your passport renewal as you did to get your passport for the first time.
We’ll send you a detailed checklist of all the items you’ll need when you place your order.
Here’s a sneak preview of what you’ll need for your passport renewal.
- Your expired or expiring passport book
- Form DS-82, the passport renewal application. You’ll fill this out online and print it out.
- A signed Letter of Authorization — this allows us to submit your application to the Passport Agency on your behalf. We’ll send you the Letter of Authorization via email.
- A new passport-style photo. Make sure not to wear glasses, uniforms, or headgear in the photo!
- Proof of your upcoming travel plans.
- A check or money order for your government fees.