Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Checklist: Minor Passport



ALL APPLICANTS FOR MINOR PASSPORTS must include the following documents in your package:

  • Original proof of US citizenship.
    Submit the original document, and make one photocopy.

    • Birth certificate issued by a US city, county, or state – an original or certified “long form” certificate from the Office of Vital Statistics showing both parents’ names, with a raised seal. Hospital-issued birth certificates are not acceptable. You can acquire a certified birth certificate from the Office of Vital Statistics in your child’s state of birth or order it online at
    • Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth issued by a US Consulate overseas.
    • Original Alien Resident Card and parents’ original, signed US Naturalization Certificates.
  • US Passport Application FormUS Passport Application Form DS-11.
    The application must be created online at Print two copies of the DS-11 form. Do not sign the form until instructed to do so at the Passport Acceptance Facility.
  • Previous US Passport, if applicable.
    If your child has previously been issued a US passport, submit the most recent passport book. It will be marked cancelled and returned with the new passport.
  • One NEW passport-style color photograph.
    • Passport Color PhotographThe photo must be on high-quality photo paper with a white background, taken within the last six months.
    • Must be 2″x2″ with face measuring 1″ to 1 3/8″ from top of head to chin.
    • Photos must be clearly different from photos in any previously issued passports.
    • You must have a neutral expression with closed lips. Your eyes must be open.
    • No glasses, uniforms, or hats are allowed, except for religious headgear. You must include a signed letter explaining that the item is worn daily for religious reasons.
  • Proof of known or anticipated travel plans,
    such as a copy of airline reservations showing applicant’s name.
  • Photocopies of the front and back of both parents’ valid state-issued driver’s licenses or current US passports.
    The photocopies must be on 8.5″x11″ paper, on only one side of the paper. If a parent’s name on the ID does not match the child’s Proof of Citizenship, an original Name Change document (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court ordered name change document) is required.
  • US Government Fees. Submit a check or money order payable to “US Department of State.”
    • $140.00 for a passport book only.
    • $155.00 for a passport book and passport card.
  • Form DS-3053, “Statement of Consent,” if applicable.
    This form is not required if both parents accompany the applicant to the Passport Acceptance Facility. If one parent is absent, he or she must sign Form DS-3053 in front of a Notary Public.
  • Two Letters of Authorization, emailed separately to you after consulting a travel specialist.¬†The Letter of Authorization (LOA) allows us to represent you to all agencies involved in issuing your passport. The signature on all the LOAs must be an original pen-to-paper signature in blue or black ink, and must match the signature on your current passport and your application form. No faxes, scans or copies will be accepted. You must obtain the LOA from your G3 travel specialist¬†before you visit the Passport Acceptance Facility.

The applicant and both parents will need to appear in person at a Passport Acceptance Facility to have their identity verified and documents reviewed by an Acceptance Agent. A $35 execution fee will be paid directly to the facility.

To find the most convenient Passport Acceptance Facility, visit


There is No Substitute for Experience.

  • All passport requests are processed by knowledgeable, experienced associates.
  • All calls are answered by a well-informed associate.
  • All Personally Identifiable Information is protected with safeguards that exceed State Department standards.
  • All requests receive email confirmation acknowledging receipt.
  • All application documents are thoroughly reviewed when they arrive in our processing center.
  • All requests receive email confirmation of the completion and FedEx tracking information.
  • All passports are returned via the FedEx service of your choice.